Friday, April 13, 2012

I Don't Know Who To Thank

I've never been religious or believed in God, but at this moment, I don't know who else to thank.


Two weeks ago, my mom sent me this text after I got my haircut:

"Youe hircu rlooks besuirul mish, you shoul dbe pou!"

It made me cry. To see my mom's typing abilty deterioarate to that was just so hard to take. Her brain is obviously failing. I can't believe it.


And then last week her movement started deteriorating faster too. Walking became almost impossible. She started using a wheelchair.


I began preparing myself for the worst. It didn't seem like she would make it another 6 weeks.


But then yesterday I received a text from my mom and she her spelling and punctuation was SO much better:

"I love you& miss youn to. Loet me know when I can see youagain ."

It made me so happy. So incredibly happy! I starting to believe that the Avastin that my mom started a couple of weeks ago might actually be working! After 3 surgeries and 5 different clinical trials, I had certainly lost all hope that anything could slow this cancer down. I'm pretty sure those tumors have superhuman strenght or something because they aren't phased by anything!

Except for maybe the Avastin.

And then this morning, I received a text from my sister that said, "Mommy's walking without the wheelchair! And she's walking really well with the walker!"

Well, I started crying again. And out of no where I said, "Thank you God." I really just can't think of anyone else to thank. I feel so amazingly grateful. I know the improvements may not last long and that it can take a turn for the worse at any time, but after 16 months of no improvements and loss of all hope, it feels incredible to know that my mom doesn't need her wheelchair. Even if it's just for today. Today, my mom doesn't need her wheelchair.

And I just want to tell the whole world!

Today, my mom doesn't need her wheelchair!

No comments:

Post a Comment