Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Memories Project

For the past week I've been vigorusly working on a new project for my mom. It's going to be a surprise present. It's not for any special occasion, just to make her happy.

About a month ago, my mom and I started a Happy Memories Journal. It's been going really well and it got me thinking. All of my mom's friends and family must have happy memories of my mom too.

So I came up with this project - the Happy Memories Project. I've contacted all of my mom's friends and relatives and asked them to send me a happy memory or story they have of my mom. I'm going to compile all of the stories into a book by using a program called Blurb. (Super cool website! Definitely check it out!)

It's been a lot of work so far, but I'm so excited to show my mom the final product! So far I've contacted about 90 people, and about half have gotten back to me with wonderful stories! Some are funny and some are very heart-felt. (Those ones usually make me cry)

The only problem is that I have no idea what I'm going to write my story about! But I'm not the only one. Everyone closest to her - me, my dad, my sister, my aunt - have yet to write something for my mom. I suppose it makes sense. I mean I lived in the same house with my mom for 18 years, how am I suppose to choose one happy memory?

Anyway, I'm just very very excited about this project and I can't wait to show it to my mom!

1 comment: