Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Wish Money Weren't An Issue.

My dad is so unbelievably infuriating sometimes!

I asked him for some money because I'm a broke college student and I would like to visit my mom more. But visiting her costs a lot of money. Visiting her at the hospital costs me about $35 when you total gas, bridge toll, and parking fees. It's awful that visiting my dying mother is so dependent on money, but it's the situation I'm in right now.

I try to visit her as often as I can afford, but without a job, that turns into barely twice a week. I've been applying to several jobs over the past couple weeks, but so far, no luck.

Trust me, I do not want to spend my time working in an office while my mom is dying, but at this point, I have no choice.

Not only have medical expenses greatly hurt our family's finances, but also that my dad spends money on things he really shouldn't! It so frustrating!

Like I mentioned before, he recently bought my mom a $1000 laptop and a Kindle Fire. Neither of which my mom can even use!!! Why would she want those thing! Also last week he bought himself a new pair of shoes. Which wouldn't seem like a big deal except for the fact that I have been begging him for money for new shoes for weeks now! (The only shoes I have a flip flops.)

I showed my dad these shoes I've been wearing throughout winter, and he refused to give me money for new shoes.


I'm so tired of being forgotten about! I know I'm supposed to be an adult now or what-not. But honestly, I'm a college student who can't get a job, and all I want is some new shoes and to visit my more!

And you want to know his response to all of this?

"Why do you need more money? You only visit mom twice a month."

TWICE A MONTH? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Who spent all three day of Memorial weekend at the hospital with her and then came back that Thursday even though I couldn't afford it?


I just wish money weren't an issue right now. It's the last thing in the world I wish I had to be dealing with right now.

I'm going to hate myself when my mom's gone if I don't spend enough time with her just because I can't afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment